Stockholm and Stockholm’s archipelago
- Language: Swedish
- Capital: Stockholm
- Biggest cities: Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö, Uppsala
- Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
- Head of state: King Carl XVI Gustaf
- Religion: Church of Sweden (Lutheran)
- Area: 449,964 sq. km
- Population: 9,354,426 people
- Currency: Swedish krona (SEK)
- Calling code: +46
- Time Zone: + 1 UTC
Stockholm is one of the most beautiful capitals in the world. Here are the spectacular buildings, green parks and blue lakes. Anyone who has been here felt its calm and majestic beauty. The city was founded more than 700 years ago in the unique place, where the coves of the bay come together with lake Mällaren.
At the moment central part of Stockholm lies on the 14 islands, connected to each other by 57 bridges. Water is an essential part of the Stockholm’s scenery and occupies one third of the city’s surface. The city is situated on the cliffs of different heights, which gives the scenery a unique beauty and depth. Other important parts of the city are parks, gardens and alleys. Stockholm is rightly considered to be the greenest capital in Europe, and while being in the center of the city one can always reach nice park and enjoy a lunch outdoors.
Photo: Ola Ericson, Image Bank Sweden
In the heart of Stockholm lies the biggest in Europe well-preserved medieval Old Town (Gamla Stan). Take a walk there and you will explore its narrow streets paved with cobblestones, old, but perfectly preserved buildings, the Royal Palace and churches. Here you can try traditional Swedish cuisine in the restaurants with a long history or have a coffee with traditional pastry in cozy cafés.
Undoubtedly, Stockholm is a cultural center of Scandinavia. Here are more than 80 museums, many exhibitions and concerts that are organized yearly. In recent years Stockholm is known as one of the most creative and interesting big cities, and throughout the year it attracts visitors from all over the world. Regardless of whether you are interested in art, music, fashion, design, fine dining, shopping or entertainment, Stockholm has a lot to offer, even to the most discerning traveler!
If you want to combine a city vacation with the nice outdoor time, we would strongly recommend you visit Stockholm archipelago. It has more than 30,000 islands and stretches for 60 km to the east of Stockholm. This is a real natural attraction! Fishing place before, now archipelago is a favorite summer destination of Stockholmers. Some of the islands are inhabited and famous for summer parties, some have luxurious mansions built on them, and others are just rocky, grassy hills.
In summer there are ships cruising to archipelago regularly. You can choose the length of the trip from a few hours to a full day, or stay in one of the cozy hotels or cottages and devote his time fishing, swimming and kayaking, biking and leisure walks.
Services we provide in the Stockholm region:
- Hotel bookings at the best prices: Grand 5*, Lydmar 5*, Ett Hem 5*, Marriott Kungsholmen 4*, Crystal Plaza 3*, and hotel chains: Nordic Choice, Scandic, Elite, First Hotels
- Cottage renting
- Group and individual transfers and transportation services
- Group and individual guided tours
- Fishing at the archipelago or at the lake Mällaren
- VIP guided tours (by yachts, hydroplanes)
- Booking of tickets, reservations in the restaurants
- Activities and events organization for incentive and business trips
Please take a note of our Ready Tours:
- Stockholm Castle Tour (Five day program which allows you to visit beautiful castles in the area and learn about history of Stockholm and Swedish royal dynasty)
- Göta-canal cruises (unique trip by the channel through the central part of Sweden, which will allow you to enjoy beautiful Scandinavian nature and visit two biggest cities – Stockholm and Gothenburg)